1. Formal Culinary Degree or Certificates in Food Preparation
2. Hygienic Handling of Food & Galley Sanitation
3. Knowledge of Dietary Restrictions
4. Basic Accounting
5. Provisioning Skills
6. Interior Fire Prevention
7. Basic First Aid & CPR Training, be aware of allergic reactions
8. Environmental Considerations
9. Inventiveness in last minute challenge
10. Own provisioning, menu planning
11. Keep galley, storage,fridges and freezers clean
12. Hygienic handling of food
13. Keep in mind while cooking the yacht rolling and pitching
14. Ability to stay calm under pressure
15. Ingenious methods to provide food in exotic locations
16. Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies
17. Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
18. Check the quantity and quality of received products.
19. Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
20. Feed the crew well