1. Guest and crew meals nutrition by supervising and participating in the preparation of a wide variety of foodstuffs.
2. Estimates food needs, reviews inventory to assure that adequate supplies are available,
requisitions food and other supplies from stockroom or commissary.
3. Does skilled cooking and food preparation.
4. Coordinates food service activities to have meals prepared at scheduled time.
5. Supervises storage and use of leftover foodstuffs and uncooked products.
6. Inspects, supervises and participates in the cleaning of kitchens.
7. Trains and instructs employees in cooking, food preparation and food handling
techniques; supervises subordinate cooks during a minor portion of the employeeâ€™s work
time, where duties including assigning, reviewing and evaluating work.
8. Packages and freezes samples of all served food to comply with health regulations.
9. Operates all food service equipment and machinery.
10. Is in charge of the kitchen on the chefâ€™s regularly scheduled days off.
11. May open and secure kitchen and dining facilities.
12. Maintains records of food prepared and served and supplies used.
13. Assists in evaluating new recipes and products.
14. Food safety and storage standards, Ability to overcome seasickness