During heavy use of the yacht by Charterers or Owners, even if the shipboard working arrangements meet the request standard, the captain may face some crew members suffering of sleep deprivation without being aware of it.
The 2014 amendments to SOLAS and the Fire Safety Systems (FSS) Code* will enter into force on 1 July, 2014, introducing revised and new requirements for fire-fighter’s outfit breathing apparatus and two-way portable radiotelephone apparatuses, as follows:
Video Boat Fails Compilation
- What is really covering your yacht crew member insurance ?
- During the season, is there enough time for safety drills and training ?
- Can Captains count on duty crew members at dock in case of emergency ?
- What is the best school to start in the yachting, Small yachts or Super yachts ?
- Have you noticed that the recruitment starts later and later for the Med Season ?